Tourism Squamish has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Coordinator to join the team. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Marketing Coordinator will undertake key marketing activities and initiatives to promote Squamish as a year-round destination of choice.
This is an energetic and varied role for a person who enjoys both hands-on and strategic marketing responsibilities. The ideal person is a creative, dynamic self-starter who excels at using their initiative, supported by their post-secondary education or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, or tourism.
The Marketing Coordinator will be “the voice of Tourism Squamish” on the brand’s owned pages and communities, initiating and engaging in conversations with our audience to strengthen the Tourism Squamish brand. The successful candidate will utilize tools and best practices to develop and post meaningful social content, as well as manage our social calendars while responding to followers.
With excellent written and verbal communication skills, the successful candidate will contribute to the production and delivery of marketing campaigns and tourism initiatives that promote and attract visitors to Squamish.
This is a full-time, year-round position based in Squamish, BC.
Job Responsibilities: Marketing Strategy & Campaign Execution
● Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Tourism Squamish team to lead the annual marketing strategy and planning effort
● Execute targeted promotions and marketing campaigns, across digital and traditional channels, including strategy, creative asset development (in conjunction with designers), budget management, measurement, and reporting
● Develop briefs and execute print and collateral materials in conjunction with designers
● Ensure consistency in positioning of the Squamish brand, ‘Hardwired for Adventure’, throughout the community and industry
Content Creation & Curation
● Develop written content, including blog posts, and manage updates for the Tourism Squamish website, www.exploresquamish.com, with some support from a third party agency
● Maintain and update photo and video asset library, archiving older assets, adding suggestions to shot lists, and sourcing member content for use in marketing activities
● Utilize Crowdriff for sourcing new images for use on social channels and website
● Develop and manage consumer email communications, including e-newsletters, as well as subscriber list management and segmentation
Social Media and Relationships
● Develop engaging social media experiences that increases advocacy for and desire to travel to Squamish
● Manage the day-to-day operations of Tourism Squamish’s social media communities across multiple channels, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
● Oversee, maintain, and execute an online content calendar.
● Develop and foster relationships with key suppliers including agencies, designers, filmmakers, photographers, and relevant social influencers
● Prepare monthly marketing reports for the Board of Directors by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing marketing and campaign data
● Research competitive destinations by identifying and evaluating marketing, USPs, product development, etc.
● Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
Education, Skills, and Requirements:
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in marketing and/or communications
● Proven capacity for inspiring persuasive writing and developing marketing copy
● Experience in digital marketing, particularly within the tourism industry
● Demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves and execute to get the job done
● Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
● Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include some weekends and holidays for posting/engagement (as needed)
● Knowledge of Destination BC’s programs and strategy an asset
About Tourism Squamish
Tourism Squamish is a non-profit, member-based, community-destination marketing organization (DMO). Tourism Squamish’s vision is to become the premier mountain town in British Columbia known for experiences from Sea to Sky that highlight our rich natural surroundings and enhance local lifestyle. Our mission is to work collaboratively with partners in attracting visitors to Squamish throughout the year; foster and support remarkable visitor experiences that celebrate and preserve our natural and cultural history and secure broad benefits to our residents and provide industry leadership and create awareness within our community of the value of tourism. Tourism Squamish operates the Visitor Centre from the Squamish Adventure Centre in addition to offering mobile visitor servicing throughout the summer months.
How to Apply
This is a full-time, year-round position based in Squamish, BC. Salary range between $45,000 - $53,000 annually based on experience.
Please submit a PDF cover letter and resume (preferably as one file) that details your skills, experience, and qualifications relevant to the position to lesley [at] tourismsquamish.com by Monday, November 2, 2020.