How to Navigate Squamish Without a Car
How to Navigate Squamish without a Car
Getting around in Squamish sans automobile is easier than most people think. And with the addition of the new South Parks bus route, many of Squamish's most noteworthy points of interest are more accessible than ever before.
Getting to Squamish
Photo: Squamish Connector
A daily shuttle that provides convenient, reliable and comfortable non-stop transportation to and from Squamish and Vancouver. Visitors can access the Squamish Connector from the Vancouver Airport by taking the Skytrain to Canada Place.
Pick up and drop off locations
Vancouver:The Hyatt Hotel, Library Squamish, Canada Place and Cordova & Seymour Street.
Squamish: The Sea to Sky Gondola and the Squamish Adventure Centre. Pick up is also available from Chieftan Centre.
An airport shuttle service that will bring you directly from the Vancouver Airport to the Squamish Adventure Centre. This first-class coach line is equipped with wifi so you can take photos and Instagram photos of the beautiful Sea to Sky highway during your commute.
Squamish Public Transit
All of Squamish's hotels are within walking distance of one of the local bus routes. Popular points of interest along the 5 routes are outlined below. A full schedule of bus times can be viewed here.
- Brackendale Route: Access to Brackendale Eagles Provincial Park, Brackendale Art Gallery, Squamish River and the West Coast Railway Heritage Park (on route to downtown).
- Highlands Route: Garibaldi Village Shopping Centre, Quest University, the West Coast Railway Heritage Park (on route to downtown).
- Valleycliffe Route: Access to Stawamus River, Walking distance to the Stawamus Chief climbers parking lot.
- Tantalus Route: Access to Executive Suites Hotel and Resort.
- South Parks Route: Stawamus Chief Provincial Park, Sea to Sky Gondola and Shannon Falls Provincial Park.
- Downtown (accessed via all routes): Walking distance to the Newport Beach, the Squamish Estuary and Spit, shopping, dining and activities. You can read about downtown Squamish here.
Photo: Squamish Shred Shuttle
For those seeking a slice of Squamish backcountry, there are several shuttles in town that can bring you to the doorstep of our backcountry trails.
- Diamond Head Parking Lot: Mountain bikers and hikers can take a shuttle to the Diamond Head Parking Lot of Garibaldi Provincial Park with the Squamish Shred Shuttle or Sea to Sky Adventure Company. From here you can ride Half Nelson or peddle or hike to Elfin Lakes.
- Echo Lake Shuttle: Aerial Kiteboarding's water shuttle will drop you off and pick you up across the Squamish River at the trailhead to Echo Lake.
- Whitewater Rafting: For those seeking the thrill of whitewater rafting, all tour providers include shuttle pickups within Squamish.
Other Transportation Services
Photo: Alpine North Limousine
Alpine North Limousine offers professional transportation and sightseeing tours in the Sea to Sky corridor in the cool comfort of a luxury SUV, limousine or van. Chauffeured by your own personal guide and concierge, travellers will benefit from extensive regional knowledge, insider tips and 24/7 service. Hourly and one-way rates are available.
Squamish Taxi offers competitive rates to transport you anywhere in the Sea to Sky corridor. Wheelchair accessible services are available. Call 604.567.1111 to schedule a pickup.