Covid Chronicles - Treeline Collective
What is the name of your business?
Tell us about your business pre-COVID-19.
We were having the best year to date. Lots of growth, new retailers carrying our products and, most importantly, the launch of 5 of our new collections.
Tell us about the impact COVID-19 has had on your business.
1. All of the stores that carry Treeline Collective products closed.
2. New retailers canceled their orders.
3. Markets/festivals canceled or were postponed
4. All of the new collections that were launching in the summer had to be put on hold.
5. The artisans and suppliers we work with all closed down their operations.
Do you think your business will make it through this? How long can you hold on for?
Absolutely! It won't be easy, but as long as it takes.
What was the hardest part of temporarily closing your business? OR, if you managed to remain open, what has been the hardest part so far, for your business?
- Not making an income.
- Not being able to launch the new collections we have been working on for over 2 years.
- Staying relevant in social media so that the world doesn't forget about us.
- The uncertainty of what will happen
How has COVID-19 affected you personally?
In many ways. I chose to focus on the positive and practiced gratitude. This is a time for community, and as a business, I was proud to be a part of a really supportive network and community in Squamish. This situation taught me to look outside of the box, build new toolkits from where I didn't think it was possible, and carry on up that mountain. It reminded of how strong I had forgotten I was/
How has your business innovated or pivoted to during this time?
Until we figure out what the new normal will look like, our team at Treeline Collective has been working super hard on finding new and meaningful ways to keep virtually connected with our community. We have been focusing on social media engagement and growing our brand online. Getting people to see the other side of what Treeline Collective is. More than sales, Treeline is a Lifestyle, and we love bringing people together. We have been working on a re-brand to solidify our brand and make it stand out even more once the world starts spinning again. We continue to design new collections in the hopes that we can hit the ground running and carry on with our plans.
Do you have any tips that you can share that could help other Squamish businesses with the focus of keeping their staff and customers safe while delivering their products or services?
Let's work together. Join forces with other businesses in town. We are all rowing the same boat, and everyone has a unique skill set they can offer to keep it afloat. When we put our minds and hearts together, we can create something great.
How can the community of Squamish support you and your business as we move through this unprecedented time?
- Follow us on Instagram and share it with your friends and family!
- Learn about our brand. You support something greater by buying any of our products.
- Shop any of our products or buy a gift card.
- Be nice to one another :)