Squamish Spit Appreciation Day
Kites, kids, hotdogs and a whole lot of fun.
Join the Squamish community in a family-friendly day celebrating this special ocean access area and all it has to offer.
Try your hand at a trainer kite, make a sandcastle with your kids, demo a SUP board and see firsthand why the Spit is a world-class recreational hub for the Lower Mainland and Sea to Sky communities.
Don’t miss the adrenaline-pumping kiteboarding show at the end of the day, it will blow you away!
Schedule of events:
- 11ish Official welcome from a member of the Squamish Nation
- 11-2 Welcome table with an 8-foot poster for colouring and signing
- 11-2 Lions Club BBQ
- 11-2 Booza Rolls Ice cream truck
- 11-2 Coastal Stoke SUP for people to learn more about SUP and try it out
- 11-2 Trainer kite for people to learn about flying kites
- 11-2 Bocci and other games on the sandbar
- 12-1 Sandcastle competition (bring your own bucket and shovel)
- 1:30-2 Windsport demonstrations