Spoo-ook-tacular Halloween Weekend at Britannia Mine Museum
It's the witching hour at Britannia Mine Museum this Halloween with a weekend full of fun, family-friendly activities for all ages on Saturday October 21, Sunday October 22, Saturday October 28 and Sunday October 29 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
All Halloween weekend, the Museum will feature:
- Spoo-ook-tacular Science Shows – Interactive Halloween-themed science shows hosted by Britannia’s Dr. Dioxide featuring fiery jack-o-lanterns, strange witches brews, spooky potions and tricks full of mysterious experiments, learning and fun. Plus, visitors can check out the Apothecary after the show to recreate some of the experiments for themselves, and peek into a cabinet full of scientific curiosities. The 15-minute science show runs at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Spoo-ook-tacular Halloween Train Rides – What better place for spooky stories than our dark, eerie mine tunnels where visitors will be whisked away on a special Halloween train ride for a spine-tingling, bone-chilling, candle-lit story underground. This special Halloween train ride runs regularly between 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (ages 5 years and up)
- Spoo-ook-tacular Insect Emporium – Conquer your fear of scary insects or Entomophobia this Halloween by getting hands on with the folks at Aquariums West who are bringing their hair-raising creepy crawlies to the Museum so visitors can get up close and personal with our insect friends.
- Witch's Illusion House – Enter into a strange Witch's House that will play wicked tricks in your mind, make your eye bug out and make you think we put a spell on you. Remember…not everything is as it seems...
- Halloween Costume Photo Booth - Double Shutter will be on site with their Halloween photo booth to capture moments with ghouls and goblins and whatever ghastly costumes visitors come with.
The Halloween event rate is $15 (ages four and up) which includes all the Halloween activities, museum exhibits, gold panning and the special Halloween train ride. Standard guided underground tours with the full train ride will continue to operate throughout the day via regular admissions.
The Britannia Mine Museum provides unique and memorable experiences that engage visitors of all ages. Visitors can enjoy fun exhibits and crowd favourites like the underground mine train, the historic 20-storey concentrator mill and gold panning, and learn about Britannia’s history as one of the largest copper mines in the British Commonwealth in the 1930s.
The Britannia Mine Museum is open seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with guided tours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on a first-come-first-serve basis. Visit www.britanniaminemuseum.ca for more details or call 1-800-896-4044 for more information.