Spoo-ook-tacular Halloween Weekend at Britannia Mine Museum
It's the witching hour at Britannia Mine Museum this Halloween with two weekends full of fun, family-friendly activities for all ages on Saturday, October 20, Sunday, October 21, Saturday, October 27 and Sunday, October 28 from 10 am to 3 pm.
All Halloween weekend, the Museum will feature:
- Spooky Train Rides – Explore Britannia Mine Museum's tunnels for a spooky train ride and spine-tingling story underground! Best suited for ages 5 and over.
- Strange Science Show – Interactive Halloween-themed science shows featuring fiery jack-o-lanterns, strange witches brews, spooky potions and tricks full of mysterious experiments, learning and fun. Don't forget to check out the apothecary after the show to recreate some of the experiments for yourself.
- Critter Emporium – Creeping, crawling critters will be visiting the museum to give you the heebie-jeebies and get you in the mood for Halloween. Will you dare let them crawl on your hand?
- Witch's House – It may look like a regular house from the outside, but step through the door and into the illusion!
- Cabinet of Curiosities – We're bringing in some animal specimens for visitors to explore, including a replica of a blue whale fin.
- Dress Up and Snap a Pic – Double Shutter Images will be on site with their photo booth. Wear your own costume or choose props from the booth for a free picture! A digital copy will be emailed to your after.
Special event admission: $15 for 5+ years. Admission rates give full access to all Halloween activities, a spooky train ride and museum exhibits. Regular underground guided tours are available for full admission prices.
The Britannia Mine Museum provides unique and memorable experiences that engage visitors of all ages. Visitors can enjoy fun exhibits and crowd favourites like the underground mine train, the historic 20-storey concentrator mill and gold panning, and learn about Britannia’s history as one of the largest copper mines in the British Commonwealth in the 1930s.
The Britannia Mine Museum is open seven days a week from 9 am to 5:30 pm with guided tours from 10 am to 4 pm on a first-come-first-serve basis. Visit www.britanniaminemuseum.ca for more details or call 1-800-896-4044 for more information.