Old Town, New Queens - Pride Night at the Britannia Mine Musuem
On Friday August 5th from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm, drag performers will transform Britannia Mine Museum’s historic Mill into the Province’s biggest drag runway.
'Old Town, New Queens: Pride Night at Britannia Mine Museum' is an after hours event that will celebrate the Museum’s summer exhibition “More Than a Mine: Recreation in a Mining Town” which opened May 20th.
Entry to the event includes a 45 minute drag performance as well as evening access to “More Than a Mine” and the Museum’s permanent exhibits.
Drag performers will be available for meet and greets at the Gold Panning exhibit through the night, and a limited number of deluxe tickets will also include access to the Museum’s famous underground tour.
This is a dry event; non-alcoholic beverages and a limited selection of food will be available for purchase on the lower site.
All tickets include:
- Timed access to an exclusive 45 minute Drag Performance in the Mill
- Gold panning with drag performers.
- Access to the Britannia Mine Museum’s exhibits, including the new exhibit “More Than a Mine: Recreation in a Mining Town.”
- Drop in science demonstrations in the Terra Lab.
- Food trucks and an alcohol-free ‘mocktail’ bar will be available on site.
- Explore our selection of ammolite jewelry at the Company Store.
Deluxe tickets include:
- Timed access to the Museum’s famous Underground Tour (limited capacity available - must pre-book).
- This is a dry event. Consumption of alcohol and drugs is prohibited.
- The Museum’s Gift Shop will remain open until 9:00.
- To protect the historic buildings, food and drink are not allowed in the Mill or in the Underground.
- The Mill and Underground space are both cool environments. For the best experience bring a sweater or jacket.
- Drag Show and Underground programs will begin on time; arrive early to avoid disappointment.