Explore Squamish, Responsibly
UPDATED: August 1, 2021
On June 29th, the Province of BC announced its plan to bridge to Step 3 in safely bringing Canadians back together again. BC’s restart program is a careful, four-step plan focused on protecting people and safely getting life back to normal.
Effective July 1st, Canada-wide recreational travel will now be permitted. There is also a return to normal hours for liquor service at restaurants, bars and pubs. Mask wearing is recommended in indoor public spaces for those 12 and older who are not fully vaccinated.
For information on current restrictions including Step 3 details, please visit BC's Restart.
For more information about B.C.'s response to COVID-19 visit the Government of BC’s website.
Please note that:
- We receive information regularly from our members and will update this information as quickly as possible
- Most businesses are open but at a limited capacity and with possibly reduced hours
- Businesses are only able to serve a limited number of people at a time to adhere to physical distancing measures
- You should not be going out to shop or pick up goods if you are sick or have been in contact with anyone who's sick
- Socializing between tables at restaurants and nightclubs is not permitted
- Please respect physical barriers and follow the COVID-19 Safety Plans for each business.
*the below list of businesses will be kept as up-to-date as possible but is subject to change
- Britannia Mine Museum: Open. Online booking is strongly encouraged
- Chances Casino: Closed - Re-opening soon.
- Olympic Park: Closed
- Rope Runner Aerial Adventure Park: Open. Online advance bookings recommended.
- Sea to Sky Gondola: Open
- The Ninja Gym: Temporarily Closed. New location and opening date TBA
- Railway Museum of British Columbia: Opening July 1, 2021
Activities, Rentals & Tours
- Squamish Adventure Inn (Kayak, SUP, Mountain Bike Rentals): Open
- Aerial Kiteboarding: Open
- Canadian Outback Rafting: Open
- Squamish Rafting Company: Open
- Wedge Rafting: Closed
- Canadian Coastal Sailing Experiences: Open
- Blazing Saddles Adventures: Open for Eco-Tours and Cruiser E-bike rentals
- Corsa Cycles: Open
- Dialed in Cycling: Open, please call in advance to book
- Flying Spirit Rentals: Open
- Ride BC: Open
- RideHub: Open
- Sea to Sky Adventure Company: Open
- Altus Mountain Guides: Open
- Canada West Mountain School: Open
- Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures: Open. Summer courses are running.
- Ground Up Climbing Centre: Open. Online Advance booking recommended.
- Squamish Rock Guides: Open
- Furry Creek Golf & Country Club: Open
- Squamish Valley Golf Course: Open
- Norm Hann Expeditions: Open, advanced booking required
- Blackcomb Helicopters: Open for sightseeing tours
- Black Tusk Helicopters: Open for private charters
- Glacier Air: Open to select flight school customers only
- Sea to Sky Air: Open
- Chromer Sport Fishing: Open
- Pemberton Fish Finder: Open
- Trout Country Fishing: Open
- Valley Fishing Guides: Open
Food & Beverage
- Alice & Brohm: Open for Take-out. New 2nd location in Downtown Squamish!
- Backcountry Brewing Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining, Take-out and Beer sales. 604-567-2739
- Boston Pizza: Take-out and Delivery. 604.898.5442
- Caffe Garibaldi: Open for Dine-in or Take Out
- Carte Diem Greek Food Truck: Open for Take-out. 604.815.0044
- Copper Coil Still and Grill: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.892.0646
- Cork and Craft Taphouse: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.449.1991
- Cloudburst Cafe: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.898.1969
- Counterpart Coffee: Open. Take-Out only.
- Crabapple Cafe: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.898.1991
- Cul de Sac Kitchen: Take-out and Delivery. 604.818.9406
- Dairy Queen: Drive-through is open. 604.213.5000
- Domino's Pizza: Take-out and Delivery. 604.567.6767
- Essence of India: Dine-in or Take-out available. 604.898.1000
- Fergies Cafe at Sunwolf: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.898.1537
- Green Olive Market & Cafe: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out (seating is limited). 604.898.4563
- Haru Fusion Cuisine: CLOSED. Re-opening June 17th. 604.567.7774
- Howe Sound Brew Pub: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining, Take-out and Beer sales. 1.800.919.2537
- Joe Pesto's: Closed Sunday and Mondays. Take-out only. 604.390.0044
- Kululu Cafe: Take-out is available. 604.390.3933
- Lil Chef Bistro: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out (seating is limited) 604.390.2433
- Lucas Teas: Take-out and Delivery. 604.567.4577
- Luz Tacos: Take-out and Delivery. 604.849.2188
- Match Eatery and Public House: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.892.2946
- Narwhal's Ice Cream: Now open
- Norman Rudy's: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.815.7978
- Noodlebox: Take-out only. 604.567.5885
- Panago: Take-out and Delivery. 604.310.0001
- Pepe's Chophouse: Open for Dine-in, Take-out and Delivery. 604.898.3606
- RideHub Cafe: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out (seating is limited) 604.849.2712
- Samurai Sushi: Take-out only. 604.892.2002 (Garibaldi Village), 604.567.2002 (Downtown)
- Saha Eatery: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out (seating is limited) 604.567.5888
- Sky Pilot Restaurant at the Sea to Sky Gondola: Open during Gondola hours.
- Squamish Valley Golf Course Clubhouse: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out.
- Sunflower Bakery: Take-Out and Delivery. 604.892.2231
- Sunny Chibas: Dine-in, Take-Out and Delivery. 604.898.1306
- Sushi Sen: Dine-in, Take-out and Delivery. 604.898.8235
- Tall Tree Bakery: Take-out only. 604.849.0951
- The Backyard: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out (seating is limited). Off-sales and single cans sales are available with purchase. 604.390.2226
- The Goat: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.815.3403
- The Ledge Community Coffee House: Take-out available
- The Nest: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.898.4444
- The Locavore Bar & Grill: Dine-in only available on the patio. Online ordering and Take-out available. 604.898.196
- The Salted Vine Kitchen + Bar: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. (seating is limited). 604.390.1910
- The Watershed Grill: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.898.6665
- The Wigen Pier: Take-out. 604.898.3834
- White Spot: Dine-in, Take-out and Delivery. 604.892.7477
- Zephyr Cafe: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out. 604.567.4568
- 2Chill Gelato: Open for Dine-in, Patio Dining and Take-out.
Beer, Cider & Spirits
- A-FRAME Brewing: Tasting room now open with limited seating for groups on 6 or less on patio only. Dogs are allowed on the hitching post outside. Please wait to be seated. 604.892.0777
- Backcountry Brewing: Dine-in, Patio Dining, Take Out, off-sales, new growler fills, kegs and retail are available. 604.567.2739
- Cliffside Cider: Tasting room and patio open, growlers to-go and delivery. 778.229.5082
- El Dorado Liquor Store: Fully operational. 604.849.3177
- Geo Cider: Closed Monday - Thursday. Open for take away and off-sales, Friday - Sunday.
- Gillespie's Fine Spirits: Closed. Spirits may be purchased at liquor stores
- Howe Sound Brewing: Dine-in with limited seating. Off-sales and retail are also available. 1-800-919-ALES
- Northyards Cider Co: Tasting Room Closed. Products may be purchased at liquor stores
- Squamish Liquor Store: Fully operational. 604.898.8980
Hotels, Motels, Cabins and Hostels
- Executive Suites Hotel & Resort: Open
- Sea to Sky Hotel: Open
- Sandman Hotel & Suites: Open
- Howe Sound Inn: Open
- Hotel Squamish: Open
- Mountain Retreat Hotel and Suites: Open
- Sunwolf Riverside Resort: Open, online bookings and contactless key pick up/drop off.
- Squamish Adventure Inn: Weekly and monthly hotel-style accommodations are available, please call to reserve.
- Crash Hotel: Open
- August Jack Motor Inn: Open
- Cheekye Ranch: Open for Glamping Yurt rentals
- Alice Lake Campground: Open
- Cat Lake Campground: CLOSED for day use and camping
- Mamquam River Campground: Open, guests are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and toilet paper and respect social distancing policies
- MTN Fun Basecamp: Open for RVs with private bathrooms and for tenting by reservation only.
- Stawamus Chief Campground: Open
- Paradise Valley Campground: Open
- Porteau Cove Campground: Open
- Squamish Municipal Campground: Closed
- Klahanie Campground: Open for RVs and tenting. Reservations are encouraged
- Squamish Valley Campground: Open for local campers only. No Day visitors are permitted.
- Kitchen Quickies: Open
- Grounded Grocer: Open
- London Drugs: Open
- Nesters Market: Open
- Save On Foods: Open, online shopping available.
- The Independent Grocer: Open, online shopping available.
- Walmart: Open
Portable Toilets, Bathrooms and Shower Facilities
As part of the District of Squamish's ongoing effort to provide access to essential services while supporting COVID-19 Public Health risk reduction recommendations, the following changes to services are in place:
- Brennan Park Recreation Facility Brennan Park Recreation Facility is open for public showers Monday to Sunday from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The showers are available 7 days per week including statutory holidays for a fee of $2 per person. Physical distancing and increased sanitation procedures will be in place. Please note Brennan Park Recreation Centre is closed on statutory holidays. Public washrooms are open at Brennan Park soccer fields between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The washrooms in Junction Park are open for day use. Increased sanitation procedures will be in place.
- Portable toilets are open at the Eagle Viewing area, Fisherman’s Park and Smoke Bluffs Park
- Portable toilets are open at the Buckley Avenue and Mashiter Creek Bridge skate parks.
Squamish ↔ Whistler
Squamish ↔ Vancouver
The Squamish Connector offers daily shuttles between Squamish, Britannia Beach the North Shore and Vancouver.
View an up-to-date list of event updates in Squamish.