Explore Squamish, Responsibly
January 8 2021 UPDATE: To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, BC’s public health officials have strongly recommended that travel outside of our own communities, be limited to essential travel only until the end of day February 5, 2021. We are once again advising our visitors that now is not the time for travel to Squamish. We look forward to welcoming visitors back to our community after our provincial health authorities lift their local travel advisory.
Residents of Squamish, let's continue to offer our support to local businesses that are open for business. Please check out the list below to see some of the businesses that are still operating or reopening their businesses this month*.
Please note that:
- We receive information regularly from our members and will update this information as quickly as possible
- Most businesses are open at limited capacity and reduced hours
- Businesses are only able to serve a limited number of people at a time to adhere to physical distancing measures
- You should not be going out to shop or pick up goods if you are sick or have been in contact with anyone who's sick
*the below list of businesses will be kept as up-to-date as possible but is subject to change
- Britannia Mine Museum: Online booking, is strongly encouraged
- Chances Casino: Closed
- Olympic Park: Now open for the winter season
- Rope Runner Aerial Adventure Park: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates
- Sea to Sky Gondola: Closed effective Sep. 14, 2020
- The Ninja Gym: Advanced booking required
- West Coast Railway Heritage Park: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates
Activities, Rentals & Tours
- Squamish Adventure Inn (Kayak, SUP, Mountain Bike Rentals): Open
- Aerial Kiteboarding: Open
- Canadian Outback Rafting: Winter eagle viewing floats paused until further notice
- Squamish Rafting Company: Now taking bookings for winter eagle floats
- Wedge Rafting: Closed
- Canadian Coastal Sailing Experiences: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates
- Blazing Saddles Adventures: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates
- Corsa Cycles: Open
- Dialed in Cycling: Open, please call in advance to book
- Flying Spirit Rentals: Open
- Ride BC: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates
- RideHub: Open
- Sea to Sky Adventure Company: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 reopening dates
- Altus Mountain Guides: Open
- Canada West Mountain School: Open
- Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures: Via Ferrata is closed until 2021. Please check the online listing for available winter activities
- Squamish Rock Guides: Open
- Furry Creek Golf & Country Club: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates.
- Squamish Valley Golf Course: Course is closed for the season, however, the restaurant is open 7 days a week.
- Norm Hann Expeditions: Open, advanced booking required
- Blackcomb Helicopters: Open for sightseeing tours
- Black Tusk Helicopters: Open for private charters
- Glacier Air: Open to select flight school customers only
- Sea to Sky Air: Open
- Chromer Sport Fishing: Open
- Pemberton Fish Finder: Open
- Trout Country Fishing: Open
- Valley Fishing Guides: Open
Food & Beverage
- Alice & Brohm: Closed, due to re-open March 2021
- Boston Pizza: Dine-in with limited seating. Take-out and delivery. 604.898.5442
- Caffe Garibaldi: Limited dine-in and take out.
- Carte Diem Greek Food Truck: Open. Take-out. 604.815.0044
- Copper Coil Still and Grill: Dine-in with limited seating and expanded patio. Take-out available. 604.892.0646
- Cloudburst Cafe: Dine-in with limited seating. Take-out available. 604.898.1969
- Counterpart Coffee: Open
- Crabapple Cafe: Dine-in with limited seating. Take-out is available. 604.898.1991
- Dairy Queen: Dine-in with limited seating. Drive-through is also open. 604.213.5000
- Domino's Pizza: Take-out and delivery. 604.567.6767
- Essence of India: Dine-in and take-out. 604.898.1000
- Fergies Cafe at Sunwolf: Dine-in with limited seating. Take-out is available. 604.898.1537
- Green Olive Market & Cafe: Dine-in and take out. 604.898.4563
- Haru Fusion Cuisine: Dine-in with limited seating. Take-out is available. 604.567.7774
- Howe Sound Brew Pub: Dine-in, with patio seating. Take-out and off-sales are available. 1.800.919.2537
- Joe Pesto's: Take-out only. 604.390.0044
- Kululu Cafe: Dine-in with limited seating. Take-out is available. 604.390.3933
- Lil Chef Bistro: Dine-in and take-out. 604.390.2433
- Lucas Teas: Take-out and delivery. 604.567.4577
- Luz Tacos: Take-out and delivery. 604.849.2188
- Oryzae Japanese Cuisine: Take-out only. 604.567.2999
- Norman Rudy's: Dine-in with limited seating. Take-out is available 604.815.7978
- Noodlebox: Take-out only. 604.567.5885
- Panago: Take-out and delivery. 604.310.0001
- Pepe's Chophouse: Dine-in, with limited seating. Take-out and delivery available. 604.898.3606
- RideHub Cafe: Open for dine-in. 604.849.2712
- Samurai Sushi: Take-out only. 604.892.2002 (Garibaldi Village), 604.567.2002 (Downtown)
- Saha Eatery: Dine-in, with limited seating. Take-out available. 604.567.5888
- Sky Pilot Restaurant at the Sea to Sky Gondola: CLOSED until further notice.
- Squamish Valley Golf Course Clubhouse: CLOSED for winter break.
- Sunflower Bakery: Take-out and delivery. 604.892.2231
- Sunny Chibas: Dine-in, with limited seating. Take-out and car service available. 604.898.1306
- Sushi Sen: Dine-in, take-out and delivery. 604.898.8235
- Tall Tree Bakery: Take-out only. 604.849.0951
- The Backyard: Dine-in with limited seating. Take-out and delivery. Off-sales and single cans sales are available with purchase. 604.390.2226
- The Ledge Community Coffee House: Dine in, and take-out.
- The Nest: Take-out and delivery. 604.898.4444
- The Locavore Bar & Grill: Dine-in, with limited seating. Take-out available. 604.898.196
- The Salted Vine Kitchen + Bar: CLOSED for winter break. Re-opening January 20th
- The Watershed Grill: Dine-in and take-out. 604.898.6665
- The Wigen Pier: Take-out. 604.898.3834
- White Spot: Dine-in, take-out and delivery. 604.892.7477
- Zephyr Cafe: Dine-in, with limited outdoor seating. Take-out is available. 604.567.4568
- 2Chill Gelato: Dine-in with patio seating and take-out.
Beer, Cider & Spirits
- A-FRAME Brewing: Tasting room now open with limited seating for groups on 6 or less. Dogs are allowed on the hitching post outside. Please wait to be seated. 604.892.0777
- Backcountry Brewing: Dine-in with limited seating and a new patio, off-sales, new growler fills, kegs and retail are also available. 604.567.2739
- Cliffside Cider: Open, with limited seating, growlers to-go and delivery. 778.229.5082
- El Dorado Liquor Store: Fully operational. 604.849.3177
- Geo Cider: Closed Monday - Thursday. Open for dine-in and off-sales, Friday - Sunday.
- Gillespie's Fine Spirits: Closed. Spirits may be purchased at liquor stores
- Howe Sound Brewing: Dine-in with limited seating. Off-sales and retail are also available. 1-800-919-ALES
- Northyards Cider Co: Closed Tuesday & Wednesday. Open Thursday-Saturday, 3pm - 9pm and Sunday - Monday 2pm - 8pm. 604.815.2197
- Squamish Liquor Store: Fully operational. 604.898.8980
Hotels, Motels, Cabins and Hostels
- Executive Suites Hotel & Resort: Open
- Sea to Sky Hotel: Open
- Sandman Hotel & Suites: Open
- Howe Sound Inn: Open
- Hotel Squamish: Open
- Mountain Retreat Hotel and Suites: Open
- Sunwolf Riverside Resort: Open, online bookings and contactless key pick up/drop off. *Reservations are limited to those within the Vancouver Coastal Health area only until the current PHO travel restrictions are lifted.
- Squamish Adventure Inn: Open
- Crash Hotel: Open
- August Jack Motor Inn: Open
- Alice Lake Campground: Closed
- Cat Lake Campground: Open
- Mamquam River Campground: Open, guests are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and toilet paper and respect social distancing policies
- MTN Fun Basecamp: Open for RVs with private bathrooms and for tenting by reservation only.
- Stawamus Chief Campground: Open
- Paradise Valley Campground: Closed for the season, re-opening 2021
- Porteau Cove Campground: Open
- Squamish Municipal Campground: Closed
- Klahanie Campground: Open for RVs and tenting. Reservations are encouraged
- Squamish Valley Campground: Closed for the season
- Kitchen Quickies: Open
- London Drugs: Open
- Nesters Market: Open
- Save On Foods: Open, online shopping available.
- The Independent Grocer: Open, online shopping available.
- Walmart: Open
Portable Toilets, Bathrooms and Shower Facilities
As part of the District of Squamish's ongoing effort to provide access to essential services while supporting COVID-19 Public Health risk reduction recommendations, the following changes to services are in place:
- Brennan Park Recreation Facility Brennan Park Recreation Facility is open for public showers Monday to Sunday from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The showers are available 7 days per week including statutory holidays for a fee of $2 per person. Physical distancing and increased sanitation procedures will be in place. Please note Brennan Park Recreation Centre is closed on statutory holidays. Public washrooms are open at Brennan Park soccer fields between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The washrooms in Junction Park are open for day use. Increased sanitation procedures will be in place.
- Portable toilets are open at the Eagle Viewing area and Fisherman’s Park; the portable toilets at Smoke Bluffs Park (parking lot) are anticipated to re-open by end of day tomorrow.
- Portable toilets are open at the Buckley Avenue and Mashiter Creek Bridge skate parks.
Squamish ↔ Whistler
Squamish ↔ Vancouver
The Squamish Connector offers daily shuttles between Squamish, Britannia Beach the North Shore and Vancouver.
View an up-to-date list of event updates in Squamish.