Explore Squamish, Later...
March 29, 2021, UPDATE:
Stronger province-wide restrictions are now in place by BC's public health officials. Between March 29 at 11:59 pm and April 19 at 11:59 pm the following restrictions are now in place:
Restaurants, pubs, and bars are closed for indoor dining. Outdoor patio seating and take-out or delivery is allowed
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, BC’s public health officials are continuing to advise that all non-essential travel into, within, and out of BC needs to be avoided until further notice. We are once again advising our visitors that now is not the time for travel to Squamish. We look forward to welcoming visitors back to our community after our provincial health authorities lift the local travel advisory.
Residents of Squamish, let's continue to offer our support to local businesses that are open for business. Please check out the list below to see some of the businesses that are still operating or reopening their businesses this month*.
Please note that:
- We receive information regularly from our members and will update this information as quickly as possible
- Most businesses are open at limited capacity and reduced hours
- Businesses are only able to serve a limited number of people at a time to adhere to physical distancing measures
- You should not be going out to shop or pick up goods if you are sick or have been in contact with anyone who's sick
*the below list of businesses will be kept as up-to-date as possible but is subject to change
- Britannia Mine Museum: Online booking, is strongly encouraged
- Chances Casino: Closed
- Olympic Park: Open weekends only until April 18th, 2021
- Rope Runner Aerial Adventure Park: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates
- Sea to Sky Gondola: Closed effective Sep. 14, 2020
- The Ninja Gym: Advanced Online booking required
- West Coast Railway Heritage Park: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates
Activities, Rentals & Tours
- Squamish Adventure Inn (Kayak, SUP, Mountain Bike Rentals): Open
- Aerial Kiteboarding: Open
- Canadian Outback Rafting: Re-opening April 17th
- Squamish Rafting Company: Open
- Wedge Rafting: Closed
- Canadian Coastal Sailing Experiences: Re-opening Mid-May 2021
- Blazing Saddles Adventures: Open for Eco-Tours and Cruiser E-bike rentals
- Corsa Cycles: Open
- Dialed in Cycling: Open, please call in advance to book
- Flying Spirit Rentals: Open
- Ride BC: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 re-opening dates
- RideHub: Open
- Sea to Sky Adventure Company: Closed for the season, please check back for 2021 reopening dates
- Altus Mountain Guides: Open
- Canada West Mountain School: Open
- Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures: Via Ferrata is closed until 2021. Please check the online listing for available winter activities
- Squamish Rock Guides: Open
- Furry Creek Golf & Country Club: Re-opening Friday, April 2nd 2021
- Squamish Valley Golf Course: Open, restaurant is open for limited dine-in on the patio only
- Norm Hann Expeditions: Open, advanced booking required
- Blackcomb Helicopters: Open for sightseeing tours
- Black Tusk Helicopters: Open for private charters
- Glacier Air: Open to select flight school customers only
- Sea to Sky Air: Open
- Chromer Sport Fishing: Open
- Pemberton Fish Finder: Open
- Trout Country Fishing: Open
- Valley Fishing Guides: Open
Food & Beverage
- Alice & Brohm: Open for Take-out. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Backcountry Brewing Take-out and Beer sales. 604-567-2739
- Boston Pizza: Take-out and delivery. 604.898.5442
- Caffe Garibaldi: Open for Take out.
- Carte Diem Greek Food Truck: Open for Take-out. 604.815.0044
- Copper Coil Still and Grill: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited). Take-out is available. 604.892.0646
- Cork and Craft Taphouse: Temporarily closed. 604.449.1991
- Cloudburst Cafe: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited).Take-out is available. 604.898.1969
- Counterpart Coffee: Open. Take-Out only.
- Crabapple Cafe: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited). Take-out is available. 604.898.1991
- Cul de Sac Kitchen: Take-out and delivery. 604.818.9406
- Dairy Queen: Drive-through is open. 604.213.5000
- Domino's Pizza: Take-out and delivery. 604.567.6767
- Essence of India: Take-out only. 604.898.1000
- Fergies Cafe at Sunwolf: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited). Take-out is available. 604.898.1537
- Green Olive Market & Cafe: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is very limited). Take-out is available. 604.898.4563
- Haru Fusion Cuisine: Take-out is available. 604.567.7774
- Howe Sound Brew Pub: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited). Take-out and off-sales are available. 1.800.919.2537
- Joe Pesto's: Closed Sunday and Mondays. Take-out only. 604.390.0044
- Kululu Cafe: Take-out is available. 604.390.3933
- Lil Chef Bistro: Take-out is available. 604.390.2433
- Lucas Teas: Take-out and delivery. 604.567.4577
- Luz Tacos: Take-out and delivery. 604.849.2188
- Match Eatery and Public House: Dine-in only available on the patio. Take-out is available. 604.892.2946
- Oryzae Japanese Cuisine: Take-out only. Closing permanently at the end of April 2021. 604.567.2999
- Norman Rudy's: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited). Take-out is available 604.815.7978
- Noodlebox: Take-out only. 604.567.5885
- Panago: Take-out and delivery. 604.310.0001
- Pepe's Chophouse: Take-out and delivery available. 604.898.3606
- RideHub Cafe: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is very limited). Take-out available. 604.849.2712
- Samurai Sushi: Take-out only. 604.892.2002 (Garibaldi Village), 604.567.2002 (Downtown)
- Saha Eatery: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is very limited). Take-out available. 604.567.5888
- Sky Pilot Restaurant at the Sea to Sky Gondola: CLOSED until further notice.
- Squamish Valley Golf Course Clubhouse: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited)
- Sunflower Bakery: Take-out and delivery. 604.892.2231
- Sunny Chibas: Take-out and delivery. 604.898.1306
- Sushi Sen: Take-out and delivery. 604.898.8235
- Tall Tree Bakery: Take-out only. 604.849.0951
- The Backyard: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is very limited). Take-out and delivery. Off-sales and single cans sales are available with purchase. 604.390.2226
- The Ledge Community Coffee House: Take-out available
- The Nest: Take-out and delivery. 604.898.4444
- The Locavore Bar & Grill: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited). Online ordering and Take-out available. 604.898.196
- The Salted Vine Kitchen + Bar: CLOSED until further notice. 604.390.1910
- The Watershed Grill: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is limited) and take-out. 604.898.6665
- The Wigen Pier: Take-out. 604.898.3834
- White Spot: Take-out and delivery. 604.892.7477
- Zephyr Cafe: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is very limited). Take-out is available. 604.567.4568
- 2Chill Gelato: Dine-in only available on the patio (seating is very limited) and take-out.
Beer, Cider & Spirits
- A-FRAME Brewing: Tasting room now open with limited seating for groups on 6 or less on patio only. Dogs are allowed on the hitching post outside. Please wait to be seated. 604.892.0777
- Backcountry Brewing: Dine-in with limited seating on patio, off-sales, new growler fills, kegs and retail are also available. 604.567.2739
- Cliffside Cider: Open, with limited seating on patio, growlers to-go and delivery. 778.229.5082
- El Dorado Liquor Store: Fully operational. 604.849.3177
- Geo Cider: Closed Monday - Thursday. Open for take away and off-sales, Friday - Sunday.
- Gillespie's Fine Spirits: Closed. Spirits may be purchased at liquor stores
- Howe Sound Brewing: Dine-in with limited seating. Off-sales and retail are also available. 1-800-919-ALES
- Northyards Cider Co: Tasting Room Closing April 4th. Closed Tuesday & Wednesday. Open Thursday-Saturday, 3pm - 9pm and Sunday - Monday 2pm - 8pm. 604.815.2197
- Squamish Liquor Store: Fully operational. 604.898.8980
Hotels, Motels, Cabins and Hostels
- Executive Suites Hotel & Resort: Open
- Sea to Sky Hotel: Open
- Sandman Hotel & Suites: Open
- Howe Sound Inn: Open
- Hotel Squamish: Open
- Mountain Retreat Hotel and Suites: Open
- Sunwolf Riverside Resort: Open, online bookings and contactless key pick up/drop off. *Reservations are limited to those within the Vancouver Coastal Health area only until the current PHO travel restrictions are lifted.
- Squamish Adventure Inn: Hostel main building is currently closed. Weekly and monthly hotel-style accommodations are available, please call to reserve.
- Crash Hotel: Open
- August Jack Motor Inn: Open
- Alice Lake Campground: Closed
- Cat Lake Campground: Open
- Mamquam River Campground: Open, guests are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and toilet paper and respect social distancing policies
- MTN Fun Basecamp: Open for RVs with private bathrooms and for tenting by reservation only.
- Stawamus Chief Campground: Open
- Paradise Valley Campground: Closed for the season, re-opening 2021
- Porteau Cove Campground: Open
- Squamish Municipal Campground: Closed
- Klahanie Campground: Open for RVs and tenting. Reservations are encouraged
- Squamish Valley Campground: Closed for the season
- Kitchen Quickies: Open
- Grounded Grocer: Open
- London Drugs: Open
- Nesters Market: Open
- Save On Foods: Open, online shopping available.
- The Independent Grocer: Open, online shopping available.
- Walmart: Open
Portable Toilets, Bathrooms and Shower Facilities
As part of the District of Squamish's ongoing effort to provide access to essential services while supporting COVID-19 Public Health risk reduction recommendations, the following changes to services are in place:
- Brennan Park Recreation Facility Brennan Park Recreation Facility is open for public showers Monday to Sunday from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The showers are available 7 days per week including statutory holidays for a fee of $2 per person. Physical distancing and increased sanitation procedures will be in place. Please note Brennan Park Recreation Centre is closed on statutory holidays. Public washrooms are open at Brennan Park soccer fields between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The washrooms in Junction Park are open for day use. Increased sanitation procedures will be in place.
- Portable toilets are open at the Eagle Viewing area and Fisherman’s Park; the portable toilets at Smoke Bluffs Park (parking lot) are anticipated to re-open by end of day tomorrow.
- Portable toilets are open at the Buckley Avenue and Mashiter Creek Bridge skate parks.
Squamish ↔ Whistler
Shuttle services between Squamish and Whistler are currently available through the Squamish Shred Shuttle and Skylynx. Please note that travel should be avoided at this time and Whistler Blackcomb is now closed through April 19th, 2021.
Squamish ↔ Vancouver
The Squamish Connector offers daily shuttles between Squamish, Britannia Beach the North Shore and Vancouver.
View an up-to-date list of event updates in Squamish.