Romantic Getaway Ideas
Thinking of planning a romantic weekend? Forgo the traffic and head to the mountains where you’ll find fresh air, ocean views and tables for two. Here are some of our recommendations for a romantic weekend in town.
- Book a forest walk and dinner for two at the Sea to Sky Gondola. The Lovers Lane Stroll and Supper Valentine’s Day dinner features a variety of Westcoast-inspired starters and entrées including red kuri squash soup and venison tenderloin.
- Enjoy some fresh mountain air and snowshoe by the light of the moon and stars at one of these Squamish snowshoe trails.
- Reach cloud nine on a romantic flight seeing tour for two that will take your breath away (we promise).
- Pick up a bottle of your favourite beverage and head to one of the best places to watch the sunset in Squamish.
- Who says dates only happen at night? Surprise your Valentine with a morning stroll along the Cheakamus River followed by a cozy brunch for two at at one of these five heart-throbbing brunch venues.
- Treat yourself to Valentine’s Day dinner at The Salted Vine, Squamish’s newest fine dining experience and taste a curated menu of Pacific Northwest fare including scallap tartare, ravioli and ling cod.
- Reconnect with your loved one and nature on a stroll around the Squamish oceanfront trail. Breathtaking views of the Stawamus Chief, Shannon Falls and Mt. Garibaldi are the perfect backdrop to declare your love.
- Toast your romance at every location along the Squamish Craft Tasting Trail. #nowcheerstothat
- Indulge in a relaxing massage with Squamish Integrated Health. After all the outdoor activity, give your body time to heal, rest and recharge.
- Take a #Squamishlove photo at one of these most Instagrammed spots in town.
- Treat yourselves to the ultimate Sea to Sky Romantic Adventure package at the Executive Suites Resort Squamish. There, you’ll find everything you need for a romantic Squamish getaway including an overnight stay in a one-bedroom suite, Sea to Sky Gondola passes for two, a bottle of wine, chocolates, a breakfast basket, snacks and a late checkout.
Enter the #SquamishLove Sweepstakes
Everything You Need for a Romantic Squamish Getaway
Relax and enjoy two nights in a condo-style honeymoon suite at The Executive Suites Hotel and Resort. Explore the Sea to Sky Gondola’s winter playground and savour a full day of site seeing, snowshoeing, winter hiking and backcountry skiing. Enjoy a delicious dinner for two at Norman Rudy's before heading back to the hotel, relax in the outdoor heated winter pool and hot tub, where you’ll have mountain views by day and endless star gazing by night. But it's not over yet, cosy up by the fire and enjoy a bottle of bubbly and box of chocolates with your special someone. Wake up late and savour another 24 hours of romance before heading back to reality Monday morning.
Your prize will include:
- Two night’s accommodation The Executive Suites Honeymoon Suite
- Bottle of BC Sparkling wine and box of chocolates
- Two tickets to ride The Sea to Sky Gondola
- Dinner for two at Norman Rudy's
Sweepstakes entry period is January 29 to February 14, 2018.