Squamish Food Tour: 25 Meals Worth Sinking your Teeth Into
Squamish is home to more than 60 restaurants serving everything from Sushi to Indian to contemporary West Coast cuisine. Here is our list of 25 of the best meals in town that will come in handy the next time you’re wondering where to eat.
1. The Usual, The Red Bench Diner
Two eggs, bacon, ham or sausage, toast and hash browns.
2. To Die for Banana Bread (Gluten Free), Caffe Garibaldi
Made with organic bananas, free range eggs, roasted macadamia nuts and olive oil.
3. Triple Salmon Roll, Sushi Sen
Grilled wild salmon, radish, sprouts and shredded cucumber topped with sliced smoked salmon and salmon roe.
4. Traditional Indian Chicken Curry, Essence of India
5. River Burger, The WaterShed
Pemberton beef, bacon, cheddar cheese and peppercorn sauce with house mayo and trimmings.
6. Smokin’ Threesome, The Campfire Grill
Three mini sandwiches with pulled pork, beef, chicken and assorted BBQ sauces.
7. Gringo-style Nachos, Pepe and Gringo’s
Tri-coloured chips baked with 3-cheese blend, chorizo sausage, peppers and a sprinkle of goat cheese.
8. Greenhouse Smoothie, Zephyr
Blended spinach, parsley, ginger, pineapple and orange juice.
9. Super Hero Roll, Kozo Cafe
Tuna, crunchy bits, chili oil, with an avocado wrap.
10. North Shore Smoky, Summit Lodge at the Sea to Sky Gondola
Marinated pork smoky in an Okanagan red wine.
11. Wild Mushroom Fettuccini, Sea to Sky Grill at Furry Creek
Shitake, oyster, portabellini and button mushrooms in a light cream sauce.
12. Throw a Few Sliders, Match Eatery
Three signature beef sliders topped with cheddar cheese, tomato relish, garlic aioli, bacon and lettuce on mini brioche buns, with French fry shooters.
13. Thai Coconut Curry, The Ledge Cafe
Thai Coconut Curry with prawns & rice noodles served with fresh-baked bread.
14. Pad Thai Noodles, Spice Root
Classic stir fried rice noodles with choice of chicken, prawns or tofu sauteed egg, bean sprouts, carrots, green beans, served with crushed peanut.
15. Grilled Lamb Wrap, Shady Tree Pub
Pulled lamb, feta, tzatziki, tomato, lettuce, red onion and naan bread.
16. Garibaldi Burger, Howe Sound Brew Pub
7oz beef patty, bacon, Swiss cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato, fries served with beer battered fries.
17. Southwestern Fish Tacos, Mag’s 99 Mexican Cantina
Cornmeal-crusted basa fillet, 2 grilled corn tortillas, jack cheese, pico de gallo, lime slaw and in-house baja sauce.
18. Farmhand, Locavore
Served with 2 kinds of bacon: truck made Pea meal and crispy smoked jowls; a fried egg, some Birchwood Dairies cheddar and topped off with fresh garden lettuces and tomato.
19. Lemon Chicken, Dragon Terrace
20. Dubliner Benny, Fergie’s Cafe
Apple, sautéed red onion and crumbled bacon on a homemade biscuit with homemade hollandaise sauce.
21. Cod Fish & Chip Dinner, The Wigan Pier
Lightly battered, served with chips, tartar sauce and lemon.
22. 19th Hole Burger, Squamish Valley Golf Club
House Made All Beef Patty on a toasted Ciabatta Bun with Smokey Bacon, Havarti Cheese, Mushrooms, Onions Lettuce and Tomato.
23. The Godfather Pizza (Gluten Free), The Nest
Cappicola ham, banana peppers, roasted garlic and parmesan cheese.
Small $13, Medium, $16, Large $19
24. Baja-style Taco, Casa Norte
Beef, chicken, pulled pork, fish or veggie.
$4.75 each or 3 for $12
25. Signature Yam Fries, The Living Room
With roasted red onion and balsamic mayo.